Popular Socal Band To Perform At Race For The Cure

Cougrzz Rock bandCougrzz Rock Donates Free Show to Komen IE’s Signature Fundraiser

MURRIETA—Cougrzz Rock, a popular all-female Southern California band, will perform at the Sunday, Oct. 14 Race for the Cure in a show of support for Susan G. Komen IE’s signature fundraiser.

The award-winning band’s high-energy show will be on full display at the event in Murrieta’s Town Square Park, where supporters will gather to raise money for breast cancer patients throughout the Inland area. Cougrzz Rock will play as the walkers and runners kick off and return from their three-mile route or one-mile fun run through the picturesque downtown Murrieta.

“Performing means supporting women in their time of need, raising them up and carrying them on our shoulders,” said Chrissy Marquez, who plays drums and manages the band. “We’re all sisters, we’re all connected, and we all need each other at some point in our lifetime. This is one of those moments.”

Marquez said she has lost a number of close friends to breast cancer, including one friend who died in January after battling the disease for less than two years. Marquez also supported another friend’s annual Race for the Cure team during her decade-long battle before the friend ultimately passed away a couple years ago.

Cougrzz Rock specializes on Top 40 dance music, Latin, R&B, hip hop, classic rock and wide range of popular music. Based in Corona, they were recognized in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 as the Inland Empire Magazine Band of the Year. They also were honored as the Best Cover Band at the Wine Country Music Awards in 2017 and named the Best Cover Band at the Temecula Valley Music Awards in 2016.

The band will join Susan G. Komen IE as it marks its second year holding the race in Murrieta’s Town Square Park. Seventy-five percent of the money raised will stay in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to fund vital breast cancer health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent will go to support Komen’s national research and training grants program.

“We are so excited that Cougrzz Rock will be at the Race for the Cure,” said Jill Eaton, executive director for Susan G. Komen IE. “This is an invaluable show of support for our event and for breast cancer survivors in the Inland area, and we hope the community turns out to see this great group and to join our runners and walkers.”

Susan G. Komen IE hopes to raise $400,000 at this year’s Race for the Cure, and continues to accept sponsorships for the event. Organizations interested in sponsoring the race are encouraged to contact the affiliate office to learn more about opportunities. Additional information is available on the sponsorship brochure: http://inlandempire.info-komen.org/site/DocServer/SGKIE_2018_Spons orship_Brochure.pdf.

Volunteers also are needed and are encouraged to sign up online: https://events.com/r/en_US/registration/volunteer-susan-g-komen-inland-empire-race-for-the-cure-murrieta-october-742392

Sign ups for race registrants and teams are under way online at http://www.komenie.org, where donors also can make contributions. Registrants can call 951-676-7465 for help signing up. Registration fees cover the event costs, so supporters are encouraged to raise additional dollars to go to the charity.

Follow the Susan G. Komen Inland Empire affiliate on Facebook Susan G. Komen Inland Empire and or Twitter. Follow Cougrzz Rock at http://www.cougrzzrock.com and @cougrzz or on Facebook.

Komen Inland Empire was founded in 1998 by a group of individuals committed to the Komen vision of a world without breast cancer. The affiliate has invested more than $6.5 million toward community health grants and more than $2.5 million in breakthrough research. The affiliate keeps 75 percent of the funds raised to invest in local breast health needs and services. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the Komen Award and Research Grant Program to fund groundbreaking breast cancer research.

  Follow the Susan G. Komen Inland Empire affiliate on Facebook Susan G. Komen Inland Empire and or Twitter.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: