25 Black women entrepreneurs from across the U.S. awarded $10K in funding and yearlong mentorship
Nationwide — The BOSS Network, an online community of professional and entrepreneurial women who support each other through digital content, programs, and event-based networking, and Sage (FTSE: SGE), the leader in accounting, financial, HR, and payroll technology for small and mid-sized businesses, have announced the 25 awardees of the 2023 Sage Invest in Progress grant to support Black women entrepreneurs in their first five years of business.
The BOSS Network and Sage “Invest in Progress” grant is a three-year, commitment by Sage (via the Sage Foundation) to support the BOSS Impact Fund, which is focused on raising investment funding for 500+ black women-led businesses and preparing entrepreneurs to build scalable, growth aggressive companies.
In January 2023, participants were invited to apply for the “Invest in Progress” grant–which would give 25 Black women entrepreneurs the opportunity to receive a capital investment of $10,000 toward successfully starting and growing their business, in addition to an entrepreneurial 12-month mentor program in support of Black women-owned small businesses. The grant application process was powered by Hello Alice, a grant funding platform designed for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Last year, the inaugural launch garnered an overwhelming response of more than 12,500 applicants nationwide. This year, the program exceeded its goal with over 18,000 applicants. The final 25 awardees represent entrepreneurs nationwide and in various industries, including beauty, entertainment, education, food, healthcare, meal prep services, naturopathy, law, and more.
See below for a listing of this year’s twenty-five “Invest in Progress” grant awardees, including their business website:
“Invest in Progress” Grant Awardees:
1. Jordan Madison, Therapy is My J.A.M.
2. Kendra Payne, The Herbal Scoop LLC
3. Isaro Carter, The Carter Firm LLC
4. Kimberly Jones, Speak Black Health
5. Tirzah Love, Soul Box By Chef Tirzah Love
6. Jade Parker, ROJOrganics
7. Stephanie Lane, Pure Ingredients Farm, LLC
8. Kaylenne Brown, Plant-Based Eatz LLC
9. Christina Cockrell, Persist Education Services LLC
10. Lura Ball, Lura’s Kitchen, Inc.
11. Kyndra Kennedy, Kyna Media Films, LLC
12. Shekira Farrell, Jai At Play
13. Jasmine Weiss, iDream Enterprise, LLC
14. Nathalie Mondesir, Ideal Mind & Body
15. Cassandra Hill, Holistic Living Consulting LLC
16. Cesley Fullilove, Fullilove Pregnancy Center
17. Karima Wilson, Forged Ed LLC
18. Briana Nurse, EH Exchange
19. Alicia Bowens, Diamond Luxury Investments LLC
20. Chevarrie Butler, Cortney Blooms LLC
21. Dianne Austin, Coils to Locs
22. Tavia Green, Climax Hair Care
23. CherRaye Glenn-Flowers, Brownce
24. Brianna Hairlson, Bri’s Dance Place
25. Jon’ll Boyd, Boyd Cru Wines
“The BOSS Network is extremely thrilled to partner with Sage once again for the second year of its ‘Invest in Progress’ grant,” said Dr. Cameka Smith, Founder and CEO of The BOSS Network. “This year, 25 Black women entrepreneurs will once again receive the benefit of not only $10,000 towards their business but also premier coaching and mentoring services that will put them on the road to achieving the success they desire. As the BOSS Network approaches its 15th anniversary next year—as well as the third year of this grant program—we look forward to making even more inroads to benefit this robust community.”
For more information on the BOSS Network and Sage “Invest in Progress” grant and the BOSS Impact Fund, visit BOSSImpactFund.com