On September 24th the Federal Trade Commission teamed up with Ethnic Media Services and numerous newspaper platforms to discuss the on-going scams going on for many consumers. Sandy Close from Ethnic Media services moderated the meeting and there were a few key topics of discussion that were highlights during the call.
- Online Shopping Scams are the #1 reported scam.
- Out of 206,000 reports to the FTC, over 109,000 are about Fraud.
- $146,000,000 reported lost in Pandemic Fraud reports.
- Consumers are 80% more likely to protect themselves if they are aware of scams
- Find consumer advice at ftc.gov/coronavirus
Watch the entire meeting here: