Young Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy’s Student Achievement Mentor Program is a program designed to address and reduce suspensions through effective implementation of positive behavior support systems. SAM is a goal oriented program designed to support the educational and professional aspirations of students. The Program seeks to increase the completion of developmental courses, retention and graduation rates. To accomplish this, the program increases exposure to educational, professional, and civic opportunities.
The Student Achievement Mentor Program through mentoring will seek to:
* Improved Self Confidence and Self Esteem
* Increase Motivation
* Broaden horizons and experience of students
* Raise Achievements and Aspirations
* Build Relationships
* Establish Employment Development Skills
* Support to Graduation
Mentor Job Description
12.00 hr PT
PURPOSE: To give a young person in need of social, developmental and emotional support the companionship of a caring adult.
* Responsible for meeting with the assigned mentee for the agreed-upon time frame (i.e., often weekly meetings for at least one year)
* Act as a resource and guide
* Work closely with agency staff through phone contact, personal conferences and group meetings
* Serve as an example/role model
* Accept and relate to youth who may not share the volunteer’s lifestyle and values
* Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with School District staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents and community leaders.
Familiarity with quality criteria for after school programs.
Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation.
Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
Familiarity with basic computer software programs.
Must clear DOJ and FBI Livescan, DMV H6 and Tuberculosis Clearance.
At Least 21 years of age.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES AND WOMEN ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Young Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy
696 S. Tippecanoe, San Bernardino CA 92408
email@example.com (909) 723-1695