MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST POSITION AVAILABLE
Young Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy is currently hiring for a Mental Health Specialist to deliver and coordinate services for our programs.
Please see the description below.
MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
Contract position, responsible for implementing case management, facilitating group and individual intervention and prevention services for youth and parents. Population served includes adolescents and parents. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social/Behavioral Health, Sociology, Social Work, or a related field or a minimum of two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the capabilities to perform the described duties. The Mental Health Specialist works directly with clients, under the supervision of the Program Coordinator. Ability to counsel youth on factors contributing to youth violence (i.e. mental disorders, wellness, life issues, lifespan development, etc.).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
· work with adolescents participating in-school and after-school youth program, counseling and case management services;
· assess levels of risk;
· coordinate intakes and carry out needs assessments, including possible home visits;
· work with clients to develop individualized service plans in conjunction with other professionals, with specific goals and objectives, including substance abuse treatment, mental health care, vocational training, etc.;
· implement and facilitate individual and/or group counseling sessions;
· offer information and counseling support to clients and their families;
· maintain confidential client records, files, and prepare reports;
· travel to off sites to provide services;
· other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
· computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office;
· excellent documentation skills;
· some involvement with youth serving organizations and
· understanding of adolescent developmental issues preferred
For more information please contact
Amanda Vann, MSW
(909) 723-1693 firstname.lastname@example.org